It’s inevitable that at some point, hair will find its way into the crevices of your computer chair wheels. This can cause the chair to move more slowly or become clogged altogether. Cleaning the hair out of chair wheels is a quick and easy process that can be done with household items.
1. What you’ll need
- A vacuum cleaner with a small attachment, or a lint roller
- A can of compressed air (optional)
2. How to clean the wheels
First, use your vacuum cleaner to remove any visible hair from the wheels. If you don’t have a vacuum cleaner, you can use a lint roller to pick up the hair.
Next, take a can of compressed air and hold it upside down. Spray the wheels with compressed air for about 30 seconds. This will loosen any hair that’s stuck in the crevices.
Finally, use a damp cloth to wipe down the wheels and remove any remaining hair.
3. Tips for preventing hair from getting into the wheels in the first place
- Use a dust cloth or lint roller to regularly wipe down the area around your computer chair.
- Keep any pets that shed hair away from your computer chair.
- Avoid wearing clothing made of materials that easily shed hair, such as wool.
Q: My computer chair is still not rolling smoothly after I cleaned the wheels. What should I do?
A: Try spraying the wheels with a lubricant such as WD-40 or furniture polish. Wipe away any excess with a cloth.
Q: Can I use this method to clean hair out of other types of chair wheels?
A: Yes, this method can be used to clean hair out of any type of chair with wheels.
Cleaning hair out of computer chair wheels is a quick and easy process that can be done with household items.
Vacuum the wheels first, then use a can of compressed air to loosen any remaining hair.
Finally, wipe down the wheels with a damp cloth.
Regularly cleaning the area around your chair and keeping pets away from it will help prevent hair from getting into the wheels in the first place.