How to Find Remote Jobs on LinkedIn (with pictures)
Working from home has a lot of rewards and LinkedIn can help you find the remote jobs you’re looking for. Gone are the days when LinkedIn was just a place to post your resume. In present times, it is one of the best places to search for a job.
Without a doubt, LinkedIn has become the premier social media platform for professionals. Today we’ll help you navigate the LinkedIn landscape.
Setting Up Your Profile
Before you start searching for jobs online it’s important to put together a strong profile. To get started, let’s fine-tune your profile via the Home and Me tabs.
Create an Outstanding Profile via the Home Tab
- In the Add a photo section, be sure to post a professional photo
- Post frequently on your account
- Join Groups within your specialty and skillset to build your network
Remember that companies look at your profile first and it is their main point of contact with you. Therefore, fill out your profile thoroughly, as you want to make a good impression.
Upload a Phenomenal Resume via the Jobs Tab
Uploading a great resume is by far is the most important aspect of finding a job and putting your best foot forward. Additionally, be sure to list your relevant skills and experience. For more on this step read our article about adding your resume to LinkedIn.
List Your Professional Achievements via the Me Tab
From your profile, select the Add Section option. A drop-down menu will appear. From here you can add applicable information to better represent your qualifications. You can list your achievements, skills, and other important information.
Showcase Your Skills via the Jobs Tab
Showcase your skills and qualifications by taking a skills assessment. Your successfully completed assessments will show as skill badges on your profile. Furthermore, they will be visible to employers and recruiters. Learn more here.
Set Alerts via the Notifications Bell
It’s important to stay up to date on what’s happening with your LinkedIn account by making sure all of your notifications and alerts are set correctly. Moreover, when a job becomes available, you’ll know about it.
- The first step is to click on the View Settings option under the Notifications tab
2. Next, click on the Jobs arrow
3. From there, set your job notification toggles to receive new alerts
Manage Your Settings via the Me tab
As a rule, you will want to optimize your settings to draw prospective employers to your profile. In this way, you can optimize your settings so that you can be contacted and found by the companies you want to work for.
- From the Me tab on the main navigation bar, go into Settings & Privacy
- From here, you will have access to all of your settings
Related: What Expenses Should My Employer Pay if I Work From Home
Find Remote Jobs on LinkedIn
Now that you have your profile set up, you’re ready to start looking for your ideal job.
Begin Your Search via the Jobs Tab
From your dashboard, select the jobs button. Then in the search bar, enter the kind of job you are looking for. From there, you’ll be redirected to a new page that lists all the available jobs within your parameters. You can then browse among the job results that match your skill set, qualifications, and career goals.
- Also, within the location search field, there is the option to select remote jobs. This will provide you with a list of work from home jobs.
- Another option is to enter corresponding keywords or the name of the company itself.
- With LinkedIn, you can search specific locations or find multiple remote jobs worldwide.
Filter Your Results
After you have entered your search, you will then have the option to filter and narrow down the results.
Apply for Jobs
After you have browsed among the resulting job options, apply for those jobs that interest you and for which you are qualified. Continue to this daily until you find the job you are looking for.
Build Your Network via the My Network Tab
Regularly take the opportunity to connect with your colleagues.
- Build your network by linking to other colleagues and friends
- Post regularly, comment on other people’s posts, and share relevant career content on your feed
- Link to your other professional social media accounts
With all of this in mind, use LinkedIn to interact and connect with others as much as you can. This is because engaging with others in this way has the potential to help you begin serendipitous conversations. You may find yourself speaking with hiring managers who are recruiting for the very companies you want to work for. Therefore, treat your profile as an extension of your resume.
Finding a work-from-home job is now easier than ever, especially with a platform like LinkedIn. With such an array of options, it’s not surprising that it is one of the best places to represent your professional image, network with other colleagues, and discover new career opportunities.
When you are initially searching for work online there can be days when you feel discouraged. Nonetheless, remember to trust in the process and don’t give up. Indeed, new jobs are posted all the time and persistence will definitely pay off! Remember that people find great jobs online every day.
Follow our helpful tips and you should find your dream job in no time at all!
Let us know your experience, did you find a remote job on LinkedIn? Share in the comments section.
- How to Stay Inspired During Career Changes - June 5, 2022
- How to Know if it’s Time to Quit Your Job - June 5, 2022
- 7 Career Tips for Job Hunting [Top List] - June 5, 2022